How to change your IP address in less than a minute? The following trick gives you a step-by-step procedure to change your IP address.
1. Click on “Start” in the bottom left hand corner of screen.
2. Click on “Run”.
3. Type in “command” and hit ok.You should now be at an MSDOS prompt screen.
4. Type “ipconfig /release” just like that, and hit “enter”.
5. Type “exit” and leave the prompt.
6. Right-click on “Network Places” or “My Network Places”on your desktop.
7. Click on “properties”.
You should now be on a screen with something titled “Local Area Connection”, or something close to that.
8. Right click on “Local Area Connection” and click“properties”.
9. Double-click on the “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)” from the list under the “General” tab.
10. Click on “Use the following IP address” under the“General” tab.
11. Create an IP address (It doesn’t matter what it is. I just type 1 and 2 until i fill the area up).
12. Press “Tab” and it should automatically fill in the “Subnet Mask” section with default numbers.
13. Hit the “Ok” button here.
14. Hit the “Ok” button again. You should now be back to the“Local Area Connection” screen.
15. Right-click back on “Local Area Connection” and go to properties again.
16. Go back to the “TCP/IP” settings.
17. This time, select “Obtain an IP address automatically”.
18. Hit “Ok”.
19. Hit “Ok” again.
20. Now You have a new IP address.
Some ISPs do not support this type of procedure and hence there are chances of getting back the same old IP address even after trying this hack. In this case you need to switch off the modem and then switch it on to get the new IP address.
NOTE:All these tricks works only if you have a dynamic IP address. But if you have a static IP address you have no option to change your IP.